This event has passed.
“What’s It’s Worth?” Appraisal Program
Thursday, February 11 | 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm | add to Google Calendar
This is a Zoom event. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Author, Auctioneer, Appraiser and Radio show Host Mike Ivankovich will introduce you to “What Determines Value“…and reveal what your Antiques, Collectibles, and Personal Treasures are really worth today. Mike will begin with a 20-minute discussion on “10 Factors That Will Always Impact the Value of Your Treasures”. He will then immediately transition to the appraisal portion of the program and share many Buying & Selling Tips & Strategies. Each attendee is invited to bring in 1-2 items for Mike to appraise.
- The order of appraisals will be at the Moderator’s discretion
- Proper camera positioning will be important because if Mike can’t see the item, he won’t be able to appraise it.
- Since he can’t actually see the item in person, he’ll probably ask a few questions about markings, condition, etc.
- Participants should have one back-up item for Mike to appraise. That way if he can’t virtually appraise the primary item, he can appraise the back-up item,
- A Virtual Background can distort how an item looks so we ask that Virtual Backgrounds be turned off when showing items.
Mike Ivankovich has been involved in some phase of the Antiques & Collectibles business for more than 40 years. He is a frequent lecturer and spoken before groups too numerous to list. He has authored more than 20 books and eBooks in his areas of specialty and has written articles and columns for most major national trade papers. He is the host of the “What’s It Worth? Ask Mike the Appraiser” Radio Show that airs every Friday morning from 9:30-10:30 AM on WBCB 1490 AM in Philadelphia PA. As a Home Downsizing Expert & Author he guides clients through the entire Home Downsizing process, helping them deal with their Antiques, Collectibles, and General Household Contents. His Home Downsizing in Four Easy Steps book can be found on Amazon.com. Mike is also a professional GPPA & MPPA Appraiser specializing in Appraisals for Estate, Insurance, Inheritance, Divorce, Insurance Claim, Non-Cash Charitable Donation, or other legal purposes. As a Pennsylvania Auctioneer, he has been named Pennsylvania’s “Auctioneer of the Year” by fellow Auctioneers.