This event has passed.
Food as Medicine: Cardiovascular and Heart Health (Zoom)
Tuesday, February 13 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm | add to Google Calendar
This is a zoom event. To receive the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 12th.
This series discusses the mechanism of action of food on the body and its healing abilities. In this lecture the focus is on the cardiovascular system and specifically heart health. The heart is the central hub of the body. It is connected to every cell and tissue and so, the functioning of all organs is dependent upon the health of the heart. Respiration, circulation, and transportation of nourishment are all integrated through the channels of the heart – as well as its subtle influence on the mind and emotions. In addition, it houses all three doshas and so maintaining their balance is also imperative.
Come and discover:
- Two foods that are important for heart health
- What foods blood and blood vessels need to stay healthy
- Why stimulants, refined sugar, and processed foods are harmful
- Types and amounts of fats to include in your diet
- Herbs and supplements that are beneficial
- Tips to reduce stress and balance your doshas
- The importance of having a consistent eating schedule
Presented by Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik, Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician. To learn more about Dr. Kaushik, visit his website: www.drkaushik.com