This event has passed.
Ayurveda for High Cholesterol (Zoom)
Tuesday, September 12 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm | add to Google Calendar
This is a zoom event. To receive the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 11th.
From an Ayurvedic perspective, high cholesterol – a disproportionate ratio of HDL (good cholesterol) to LDL (bad cholesterol) – is due to an imbalance in Kapha (the dosha responsible for metabolizing fat in the body). Cholesterol, a fatty acid manufactured in the liver, is critical to the cells of the body, and in and of itself is not bad. But when the body is out of balance, the liver may not function properly. Then, an excess of LDL builds up clogging arteries. These fat deposits eventually lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
- The role diet and digestion play in balancing the body
- Foods that enhance fat metabolism – including healthy fats
- The importance of fiber and which types are best
- Spices that help cleanse the colon and prevent buildup of LDL
- Herbs and supplements that support the liver
Presented by Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik, Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician. To learn more about Dr. Kaushik, visit his website: www.drkaushik.com