This event has passed.
Ayurveda for Diabetes (Zoom)
Tuesday, November 28 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm | add to Google Calendar
This is a zoom event. To receive the link, email email@example.com no later than November 27th.
Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S. and is a major cause of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, lower limb amputation, and blindness. The current medical understanding is that diabetes is a group of related diseases in which the body is unable to regulate the amount of sugar, specifically glucose, in the blood.
The Ayurvedic approach is to discover the “root cause” of this multi-faceted condition specific to an individual’s unique constitution, assist the body in regulating its blood sugar levels, and ensure that the entire body remains in balance so that no complications arise.
Come and discover:
- Risk factors associated with different types of diabetes
- The Ayurvedic approach to understanding the different types of diabetes
- Methods of regulating blood sugar – the fiber connection
- Dietary and lifestyle changes for the different types of diabetes
- Herbs, supplements, spices, and teas that help blood sugar regulation
Presented by Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik, Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician. To learn more about Dr. Kaushik, visit his website: www.drkaushik.com