Summer Reading Game
Summer Reading Logs - Download and print the reading log corresponding to your child's age.
How to Participate
TIME CADETS — PRESCHOOLERS THROUGH GRADE 4:
- Register at the children’s reference desk or online through the Library calendar. When registering in person, you will receive a Time Travel Passport. (This is your reading log.) If registering online, you will need to print the reading log from our website.
- Record the titles of the books you’ve read inside the Time Travel Passport. You may read library books, books from home, audio books, eBooks, books of any kind! We have special prizes for reading 5, 15, 25, 35, 50, & 100 books.
- When you’ve read 25 books, you’ll receive your Summer Reading Certificate. But don’t stop reading! We’ll continue to award special prizes to keep you going.
TINY TOT TRAVELERS — BABIES AND TODDLERS:
- Register at the children’s reference desk or online through the Library calendar.
- When registering in person, you will receive an age-appropriate activity sheet. If registering online, you will need to print the reading log corresponding to your child’s age from our website.
- Every time you and your child complete an activity on the sheet, cross it off. When you’ve completed an entire sheet, your child will receive a prize. New activity sheets will be available all summer long. (For activity sheets printed from online, one sheet = 6 activity boxes.)
- Children who have completed one entire activity sheet will receive a Summer Reading Certificate.
Note: The Tiny Tot Traveler Summer Reading Program is intended for children ages birth to age 3. Children ages 3 and up may participate in the Summer Reading Program for Young Readers (Time Cadets). For ages 3 and up, parents may log book titles read together to receive prizes from the Young Readers prize box.
Tuesday Evening Events
Tuesday, June28th at 7pm
The Bossy Frog Band
Join Jeffrey Friedberg for an outrageously fun show in which kids are active participants in the learning process – singing, moving, thinking, feeling, and imagining!
Tuesday, July 5th at 7pm
Mr. Kurt Concert
Clap, slap, shake, spin, stomp, & sing along with Mr. Kurt! Time flies as Mr. Kurt sings songs and tells stories with his guitar, ukulele, slide whistle, and other musically silly stuff.
Tuesday, July 12th at 7pm
Green Meadows Farm
Jason Reilly of Green Meadows Farm will bring a variety of animals to library for visit. Learn about where these animals live, when they sleep, what they eat, and how they protect themselves. Everyone gets to meet and pet lovable creatures including: bugs, reptiles, bunnies, chickens, and baby animals.
Tuesday, July19th at 7pm
Sciencetellers: Power & Energy
Throw on your lab coat and buckle in — you are about to experience the science of power and energy through several exciting, hands-on experiments that will have the audience laughing, learning and having fun!
Tuesday, July 26th at 7pm
Armelle for KIDS
Explore the rich diversity of world music with this fun and interactive multicultural performance! Children will open their minds to different ways of singing, dancing, and playing music.