This event has passed.
How to Get Your Health Care Wishes Respected
Friday, March 23 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Executive Director Emeritus and Senior Consultant David Leven will present “How to Get your Health Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care.” He will provide a guide to navigating today’s health care system. Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Why many doctors undertreat pain and how you can get effective pain treatment
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
Presented by End of Life Choices New York.
Registration required: (914) 337-7680 ext. 24 or email@example.com