This event has passed.
Friday, June 8 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Loren Gilberg, RN, BSW, MBA, CMC from Elder Care Homecare, Inc. presented some of the following tips for keeping your brain healthy and active:
- Use your non-dominant hand for brushing your teeth
- use your non-dominant foot when walking upstairs
- take COQ10 supplement
- count backwards in multiples of seven (i.e 100, 93, 86, etc.)
- volunteer at a local organization
- stay active and social
- crossword puzzles or word games
- learn a language
- learn to play an instrument
The Bronxville Library can help with the last three suggestions on this list. Did you know:
- the library prints out copies of the NY Times crossword puzzle everyday. You can pick one up at the Reference Desk.
- the library has language learning books and CDs you can check out. We also have access to Mango Languages through the Westchester Library System (library card is required).
- the library has ukulele kits you can borrow for three weeks along with instructional books and DVDs on how to play.
Stop by the Reference Desk to learn more!