They represent works by Bronxville painters and sculptors, who began to move to the Village in the late 1890s, and their colleagues, who were fellow National Academicians or affiliated with the same summer art colonies (Old Lyme, for example). The foundation of the Library’s holdings comes from two major donations by former Library Trustees. Ernest Quantrell gave a large group of Currier & Ives lithographs that today grace the walkway to the Yeager Community Room, and about a dozen oil paintings. William F. Burt bequeathed twenty-six paintings and a sizable Japanese art collection to the Library at his death in 1947. Generous Villagers have added to this impressive group throughout the years.